Environmental Sustainability And Conservation
Environmental Sustainability and Conservation is a hands-on class full of field study and experimentation.
Learn how our environment is affected by change, learn what it means for life, and discover how to positively affect it. As we enter a period of unprecedented change in human history, the study of conservation and the future of our planet has never been more important. The aim of this course is to introduce students to the main issues affecting biodiversity in the world today. Students will cover a broad range of topics from biology to ecology to climate change and food security. As part of the course, students will develop their laboratory skills and undertake a final project which will be centered around field skills. The course includes a trip to Blair Drummond Safari Park.
- Introduction to biology
- Introduction to ecology
- Climate change
- Food security
- Issues affecting biodiversity
- Lab work
- Field skills
- Trip to Blair Drummond Safari Park
All is connected... no one thing can change by itself.
Environmental Studies is the perfect introduction for students interested in biology, ecology, conservation and the environment.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of biology, ecology and conservation
- Understand how environmental studies affect society
- Developing an awareness of the scientific process and the relationships between hypothesis, evidence, theory and explanation
- Develop observational, problem solving, laboratory and field skills
- Develop critical analysis skills
- Enhance communication and mathematical skills