Sports leadership at ISSFT
Developing Leadership skills
Gives students confidence and resilience through team sports and skills for individual excellence.
This class is designed to develop self-confidence and positive leadership through sport and active outdoor pursuits. With access to numerous indoor and outdoor sports facilities as well as breath-taking Scottish countryside, this class provides a wide variety of sporting opportunities for all levels and abilities. Students work to develop their sport leadership skills through teamwork, goal setting and effective communication. This class is well suited to students who love sports or those who are keen to try something new. It is also highly beneficial for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award participants.
Leaders aren’t born, they are made. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile.
- Fitness testing
- Team sports such as football (soccer), softball, touch American football, karate, and basketball
- Outdoor pursuits such as keel boat sailing/dinghy sailing, hiking and orienteering
- Fencing to develop balance and coordination
- Increased confidence
- Enhanced communication skills
- The ability to apply new techniques
- Planning and organisational skills
- Setting goals
- An introduction to sport psychology