Sport and Fitness Elective
Developing Leadership skills
Students develop confidence and resilience through team sports and leadership skills for individual excellence.
This class introduces students to new sports and fitness pursuits. With access to numerous indoor and outdoor sports facilities this class provides a wide variety of sporting opportunities for all levels and abilities. Students work to develop their sport and fitness skills through teamwork, goal setting and effective communication. This class is well suited to students who love sports or those who are keen to try something new.
Leaders aren’t born, they are made. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile.
- Fitness testing
- Team sports such as Football, Softball, Touch American Football, Pickle Ball, and Basketball
- Indoor and outdoor activities
- Focus on teamwork and leadership skills
- Increased confidence
- Enhanced communication skills
- The ability to apply new techniques
- Planning and organisational skills
- Setting goals
- An introduction to sport psychology