Introduction to coding and Big Data From HTML to virtual reality
An introductory to intermediate level class for students interested in computer programming, technology and gaming.
Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, theory, language and animation including planning, writing and programming code, using CSS, Python and HTML and others. They will work on projects ranging from virtual reality, robotics, game design to app development, gaining an understanding of STEM and future career opportunities. This class develops problem solving, teamwork and communication skills.
- Learn the fundamentals of programming logic, language and animation
- Learn to code in CSS, Python and HTML
- Make and programme computer hardware
- Sample virtual reality and robotics, learn about their programming
- Skills learnt can be applied to other basic programming languages.
- Work on mini projects including game design and app development
- Equipment - Students are encouraged to bring their own lap top so they can take their work home with them. Laptops can be provided if required and sufficient notice is given beforehand.
I think everybody in this country should learn how to programme a computer because it teaches you how to think
Creative Coding is an introductory class for students interested in computer science, mathematics and general science.
- Learn how to plan and write programming code including CSS, Python and HTML
- Develop logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Explore creative interests in the world of technology
- An introduction to STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and future career possibilities
- Make new friends in a fun, friendly and student centred environment
- Learn the fundamentals of coding theory, language and animation
Why Coding Matters?
Coding gives our students real life skills which will benefit them in the future. Classes are designed to be fun, make teaching accessible and break down barriers.
Students learn the fundamentals of coding theory, language and animation. They work on projects ranging from game design to app development and gain an understanding of STEM as well the future career opportunities open to them.
But why should they enrol in this class? Well, no one can deny that we are firmly living in the digital age and many of tomorrow’s jobs will be technology related. As such, programming will become as basic and as fundamental as literacy. Our children are already proficient in social media and using their phones but our coding class is designed to give students the understanding of where this technology comes from and how it is developed.
Computer science teaches you to resolve larger problems by breaking them down into smaller chunks. At ISSFT, we tackle problems as a group so our students develop their communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills as a result.