- Learning Outcomes
Our Theatre class offers students the opportunity to take part in all aspects of the creative process.
Students work as a group to learn and develop the skills required to create, design, produce and star in a professional Theatre production. Our theatre class is a challenging, intense and highly rewarding elective.
- Exercises that explore the techniques of acting
- Develop skills related to voice projection
- Explore the importance of movement in storytelling
- Understand the creative process in writing and producing a piece of work
- Reflecting both during and after the creative process
- Improvisation workshop
- Perform at Macrobert Arts Centre, a leading multi-arts venue located on the main campus of the University of Stirling.
- Film making workshop
- Produce a theatre production for end of school recital
It was only in the theatre that I lived.Oscar Wilde
This class gives students insight into the theory behind theatre, as well as hands-on experience.
It’s great for developing confidence and communication skills in students of all ages, levels and backgrounds.
- Grow in self confidence
- Develop and apply your skills in creating and performing a piece of theatre
- Develop an appreciation of the variety of forms, practices and traditions within theatre
- Develop individual communication skills
- Work as a team to produce a final school production