Golf students will have unlimited access to our onsite world class training facilities including a nine-hole par-3 parkland golf course, 280-yard driving range as well as play at offsite courses.
- Learning Outcomes
Our Golf Summer School is designed to give all of our students, regardless of their level or ability, the unique experience of playing in Scotland, the “Home of Golf.”
Our exclusive golf camp exposes all our teenagers to a range of Scotland’s most interesting and famous courses, whilst also providing specialist tuition to improve their individual game (and handicap if applicable).
This elective class covers:
- 36 hours of golf tuition from our PGA qualified Golf Coach who is a renowned specialist in the field of junior golf coaching.
- For Beginners, we offer a perfect introduction to golf where we will guide you through all aspects of the game in a fun, friendly and inspirational setting. Our PGA coaches will teach you the basics; from set up to swing, chipping and bunker shots, to the importance of etiquette and the rules of the game.
- For Intermediate to Advanced players, our specialist coaches will evaluate your current level and work with you on an individual basis to improve your current game with the aim of reducing your handicap. Lessons will cover swing improvement, short game, distance control and mental focus.
- For Advanced Players, we offer the opportunity to play some of the world’s finest golf courses. To date our students have played St Andrews Links Courses, Dundonald Links (Ladies European Tour 2015), Royal Troon (host of the 2016 Open), Gleneagles (host of the 2014 Ryder Cup and 2019 Solheim Cup) as well as the famous Old Course in St Andrews.
**Please note, play at Gleneagles and the St Andrews Old Course will be determined by coaches and at the players’ own expense.
The most important shot in golf is the next one.Ben Hogan
Our golf facilities are top of the range with some of the world’s best golf courses on our doorstep.
Off-site courses include Bridge of Allen and Crail Golfing Society. Formed in 1786, the Society is the 7th oldest golf club in the world and looks on to St Andrews.
Students are also welcome to play “extra” golf during their free time in the afternoons and weekends at no extra cost.
Our outcomes for this elective are:
- Improve technical ability and overall understanding of the game
- Receive hands on coaching which includes individual evaluation and an improvement plan to take home
- Develop strategies to improve focus, concentration and coordination
- Play on prestigious, championship courses
- Compete in our fun but challenging golf tournament
- A great opportunity to make new friends through small group lessons
- Play golf during your free time at no extra cost