- Learning Outcomes
- Why Coding Matters?
This is an introductory class for students interested in computer science, technology and gaming.
Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, theory, language and animation. They will work on projects ranging from Game Design to App Development, gaining an understanding of STEM and future career opportunities. This class develops problem solving, teamwork and communication skills.
- Learn the fundamentals of coding including programming logic, language and animation
- Skills learnt can be applied to other basic programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Work on mini projects including game design and app development
- Equipment - Students are encouraged to bring their own lap top so they can take their work home with them. Laptops can be provided if required and sufficient notice is given beforehand.
I think everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to thinkSteve Jobs
Creative Coding is an introductory class for students interested in computer science, mathematics and general science.
- Learn how to plan and write programming code
- Develop your logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Explore your creative interests in the world of technology
- An Introduction to STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and future career possibilities
- Make new friends in a fun, friendly and student centred environment
- Students will learn the fundamentals of coding theory, language and animation
At ISSFT, we are dedicated to giving our students real life skills which will benefit them in the future. Our classes are always designed to be fun, making teaching more accessible and breaking down barriers.
Students will learn the fundamentals of coding theory, language and animation. They will work on projects ranging from game design to app development and gain an understanding of STEM as well the future career opportunities open to them.
But why should they enrol in this class? Well, no one can deny that we are firmly living in the digital age and many of tomorrow’s jobs will be technology related in some shape or form. As such, programming will become as basic and as fundamental as literacy. Our children are already proficient in social media and using their phones but ISSFT creative coding is designed to give students the understanding of where this technology comes from and how it is developed.
But we also want to let you in on a secret — coding is easy! Computer science teaches you to resolve larger problems by breaking them down into smaller chunks. At ISSFT, we tackle problems as a group so our students develop their communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills as a result.
Mark Zuckerberg is the poster boy for coding today but what about Alan Turing (code breaker during WWII) and Sir Tim Berners Lee (inventor of the world wide web), coding really does change the world.
And by the way, this class isn’t just for the boys. More and more studies are showing that women make fantastic coders and there are wonderful role models out there like Linda Liukas who taught herself to code at age 13. Coding is fun, creative and cool.