- Learning Outcomes
- Critical Analysis
For students who are starting to think about university and future career paths.
Students will learn about the different types of law and the various economic issues that impact our day-to-day lives. They will learn how to debate with confidence in a fun and inspiring setting.
Learn how to speak with confidence
The class will cover:
- Mock trial to develop debating skills
- Study human rights and surveillance law
- Learn how to present with confidence
- The basics of legal theory and their real world application
- An understanding of supply and demand, as well as different market structures
- Topics such as the different types of law, government intervention, international trade and market failure
At ISSFT, all of our summer classes are designed to prepare students for the future.
We apply “critical thinking” techniques to all of our academic classes in order to enhance our students learning. Critical thinking is an important skill, not just for writing essays, but also for preparing for university/job interviews, as well as future life decisions. As media becomes an ever greater part of our daily life, the ability to disseminate, process and analyse information is an increasingly important skill.
Critical thinking helps us to:
- Understand the links between ideas.
- Determine the relevance of arguments and ideas.
- Recognise, build and appraise arguments.
- Identify inconsistencies in reasoning.
- Approach problems in a consistent and systematic way.
- Reflect on the justification of our own assumptions, beliefs and values