No one can say for certain what the future holds but we can look at current trends to predict what may lay ahead. At ISSFT, we are driven by the goal of preparing our students for the future by developing their knowledge of meaningful subjects and giving them the opportunity to problem solve with new friends from across the world. Why is this important? Well, the answer may lie in these following five megatrends:
- Global population is expected to reach 10 billion by 2050;
- Humans consume 170% of the Earth’s resource capacity every year;
- CO2 concentrations not seen since the Pliocene epoch, 3 million years ago;
- Millions lack clean water, healthcare, basic goods and services and capital;
- Digitalization of the global economy will disrupt many industries at an exponential rate.
ISSFT classes such as Environmental Science, Global Entrepreneurship, Creative Coding and Intro to Law have all been designed to specifically address these topics during the summer. As we look at the impact of technology on future jobs, one thing remains clear, the need for creativity and human expression will be more important than ever. As a result, we place as much emphasis on our artistic courses such as Theatre and Photography. Classes, although designed to be thought-provoking challenging, are also built on foundations of fun and friendship.